Service of Civil
The Civil Unit processes the following actions for the public and legal community.
- Income and property executions
- Service and enforcement of family court process
- Service of summons, complaints, subpoenas and petitions
- The execution and enforcement of court orders
- Civil arrest
- The enforcement of Orders of Seizure and Attachment
The Civil Unit cannot serve to a PO Box, petitioner must supply a physical address to all parties to be served. All papers must be delivered to the Civil Unit by mail or personal delivery at the Sheriff’s Office located at 110 Wells Farm Road, Goshen NY 10924 Attn: Civil Unit. Please fill out the Civil Process Information Sheet and include it in the papers to be served. Any paper not complete will not be put out for service and will be returned to the petitioner.
We will make all attempts to complete service, but service is not guaranteed
Civil Process Information Sheet
Click here to return to Civil Division Main Page