Police Advisory Board
The Police Advisory Board was officially created under the Orange County Charter.
The mission of the Police Advisory Board is:
- To manage and furnish advice to the County Executive and County Legislature on the implementation of programs to improve police services in the County;
- To recommend program priorities to any county police planner-coordinator who may hereafter be appointed;
- To approve countywide police training standards;
- To furnish police guidance in the operation of any county narcotics enforcement/criminal intelligence task force and other joint countywide police operations which hereafter may be created or undertaken;
- To advise the County Executive and County Legislature on the timing and degree of centralization of police technical services at the county level;
- To act as the police advisory body to the County Executive and County Legislature, as well as to the governments of the several municipalities within the County.
All members of the Orange County Police Advisory Board are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Legislature.
- Walter Koury, Commissioner, Department of Emergency Services; Board Chair
- Kevin Hines, Orange County Legislature
- William Worden, Chief of Police, City of Port Jervis Police Department
- Todd Hazard, Chief of Police, Town of Cornwall Police Department
- Jeffry Holmes, Chief of Police, Village of Walden Police Department
- Brendan Casey, Captain, New York State Police
- Carl DuBois, Sheriff, Orange County Sheriff's Office
Board meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the months of January, March, May, July, September, November. All meetings are conducted at the Orange County Emergency Services Center.