Retired & Senior Volunteers Program (RSVP)
RSVP offers "one stop shopping" for people 55 and over who are looking for challenging, rewarding and significant volunteer service opportunities.
What do RSVP volunteers do?... Everything!
- Serve as exercise instructors, adult literacy tutors, museum guides, thrift shop staff, friendly visitors, insurance, income tax assistance, and more.
- Choose how and where they want to serve.
- Learn new skills while using the knowledge they developed over a lifetime.
- Give their time, talent and expertise.
What do RSVP volunteers gain?
- A great sense of achievement and new friends.
- Accident and liability insurance.
- Recognition for years of service and special achievements.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Home Delivered Meals Volunteers
Caring volunteers are the backbone of the service delivery network. The smiles and friendly greetings from the Senior Dining Program volunteers are as nourishing as the meals they serve. Volunteers deliver nutritious meals to 10-12 people on a specific route, taking approximately one hour to complete. Delivery is mid-day, Monday through Friday, and volunteering is based upon the individual volunteer’s schedule. A car, valid driver’s license and current insurance are necessary. Training and assistance is provided. Volunteers also coordinate recruiting and scheduling volunteers in designated areas. Corporations, clubs, churches, schools and community organizations are encouraged to form a volunteer team and share the responsibility of meal delivery.
To ensure seniors in your community receive a nutritious meal and a smile... please volunteer! Call 845-615-3728.