Parents/Caregivers - Healthy Living - Physically, Mentally & Emotionally
- CHILDHOOD LEAD POISONING PREVENTION PROGRAM - Is responsible for tracking all lead testing activity for children in Orange County between the ages of 6 months and 6 years.
- CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS PROGRAM - An information and referral service designed to assist the families of physically challenged or chronically ill children from birth through age 21 years.
- Faith Based Resource Directory - for individuals seeking information on faith-based services and ministries. Contains a listing of faith-based communities and organizations across New York State. The Resource Directory is arranged by Region, Ministries, Services and Denominations. An alphabetical listing of faith-based communities and organizations in the region, with contact information, is listed at the beginning of each section.
- HEALTHFINDER – Consumer related links to health and human services information made available by the U.S. government.
- HEALTHY NEIGHBORHOODS PROGRAM - A primary prevention program designed to provide preventative environmental health services to targeted geographic areas with a high rate of documented unmet environmental health needs which often result in adverse health outcomes for the residents. The HNP program involves door-to-door home visitation with an emphasis on childhood lead poisoning prevention and education.
- ORANGE COUNTY SYSTEM OF CARE FOR YOUTH, FAMILY & PROVIDERS - an extensive array of services and supports that is available to the children and families of our community. Youth and young adults with complex mental health needs, and their families, are encouraged to become part of Orange County’s System of Care, and join in the effort to make things better for others in their community.
- PARTNERSHIP FOR A DRUG-FREE AMERICA - This website has real-life stories from people who have abused drugs or know people who have. There is a mix of statistics and facts as well as personal stories.
- TEEN GAMBLING - When Does Playing Stop Being Fun? An estimated 300,000 NY adolescents currently have or are at risk of gambling problems. Unlike other problem behaviors, there are no physical signs to detect if someone is gambling. Attached is information provided by The Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Council.
- TEXT 4 TEENS - a confidential Text line for teens that are in need of any Information and referrals
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - A way of thinking that emphasizes active support needed for young people to grow and reach their potential. Active support comes from individuals, organizations and society, especially at the community level. Youth Development is a positive, strength-building approach. It also recognizes the need to identify and respond to specific problems faced by some youth (e.g., substance use, involvement in violence, early parenthood). The most important part of Youth Development, as a way of thinking, is the goal of helping communities become better places for young people to grow up; youth participation is necessary to the achievement of that goal.
- WIC (WOMEN, INFANT, AND CHILDREN) - WIC clinics provide special supplemental nutrition for high risk pregnant and breast-feeding women, as well as to infants and children up to 5 years of age. Clients gain access to medical care and are provided supplemental food vouchers, nutrition assessment and education and breast-feeding support.