Bookmark and Share

Orange County Clerk

FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions: 

Where is the Orange County Clerk’s Office located?

The Office of the Orange County Clerk is currently located on 4 Glenmere Cover Road in Goshen, New York (4 Glenmere Cover Road, Florida, New York for GPS purposes). Since the current Orange County Government building has been displaced from recent hurricane damage, the Orange County Clerk’s Office has been moved to the Parry Building located on the Valley View Nursing Home campus.

There is visitor parking located outside of the Parry Building. When driving through the campus of Valley View, follow the blue and white signs with “County Clerk’s Office”, which will direct you to the building and the parking lot.

DMV Locations:

DMV Newburgh:

Tel: (845) 568-5230
128 Broadway
Newburgh, NY 12550

Fax: (845) 568-5232
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:45pm
Evenings: Thursdays until 7:30pm

DMV Middletown:

Tel: (845) 346-1180
14 King Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Fax: (845) 346-1182
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:45pm
Evenings: Wednesdays until 7:30

DMV Port Jervis:

Tel: (845) 858-1480
20 Hammond St., Port Jervis, NY 12771
Fax: (845) 858-1482
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:45pm

When is The Office of Orange County Clerk open?

The Orange County Clerk’s Office is open Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.  Pistol Permits 9 - 4:30 p.m.  Passports 9 - 4:30 p.m. with the exception of legal holidays.  Please plan accordingly when bringing in files for reviewing, applying for U.S. Passports, pistol permits and other timely paperwork.

How do I apply for a United States Passport?

It is important to remember when applying for a United States Passport to not delay your application process, being that it takes up to six weeks for the U.S. Department of State to process the applications that we submit to them.

*For more information or questions, please call: (845) 291-2698 or visit the Passports portions of our website.

How do I apply for a pistol permit?

Pistol Permits  

How do I obtain a copy of my divorce records?

Divorce records are obtainable by the plaintiff, defendant or their attorneys of record (identification required) from the Court Papers section of the County Clerk’s Office. It could take a minimum of five days to obtain a certified copy of divorce files. You may review/obtain a divorce file that you are not a party to by presenting a notarized statement (specifically stating the documents needing to be reviewed, obtained or certified) from one of the litigants or with a court order. Identification of the person granted permission using notarized statement MUST be presented at time of request.

*For more information, please call (845) 291-3083 or visit the Court Records portion of our website.

Where can I obtain my marriage, birth or a death certificate?

Birth and Death records are available from the local Registrar of the municipality where the event occurred. Marriage records are available from the Town or City Clerk of the municipality where the Marriage License was issued. For further information about these services, please contact the appropriate office of the municipality involved, the numbers are available under the Birth, Death & Marriage Records portion of our website.