Civil Service Examinations
- Questions you may have in relation to the County Human Resource Department in relation to the Coronavirus as of March 17, 2020
- NOTE: Civil Service Examinations scheduled for Saturday June 13th and June 27th have been cancelled/ postponed until further notice.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Exam Applications must be postmarked by the last filing date noted on the exam announcement. As a result of the Coronavirus there will not be a 2 day walk in grace period. Effective immediately this office is not accepting hand delivered applications. Again, all applications must be mailed and postmarked by the last filing date noted on the announcement.
- Effective January 1, 2020: Only applications with the issue date of 7/01/2019 will be accepted. Please print out the application below. All checks and money orders for civil service examinations MUST be made payable to the Commissioner of Finance.
- Agility letters for exam number 65212 Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff have been mailed. Candidates must email the required documents as stated in their letter at least 24 hours prior to their scheduled date to secure admission.
- Candidates will not be admitted to participate in the Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff agility without the required medical clearance and accident waiver forms emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled date. If you arrive at the testing location with these documents, and you did not email the documents, you will not be tested and you will be turned away.
This list may not always be complete. Please check with the Department of Human Resources at call 845-291-2707, option 2, for a complete list of all open competitive examinations.
In order to take a civil service exam, you must complete an Orange County Application for Examination / Employment (PDF) and file within the announced filing period. Please refer to the individual exam announcements listed below regarding minimum qualifications, filing periods and application fees. You may also view Promotional Announcements.
In case of inclement weather, on the morning of the examination please call the exam hotline at 845-291-2707 for information on possible delays, cancellations or other updates.
Scheduling of PC Administered exams are currently suspended.
- 001 Public Health Nurse (PDF)
- 002 EMT (PDF)
- 004 Physical Therapist (PDF)
- 005 Physical Therapy Assistant (PDF)
- 006 Occupational Therapist (PDF)
- 007 Occupational Therapy Assistant (PDF)
- 020 Nursing Care Manager (PDF)
- 021 Nursing Care Supervisor- NCS trainee (PDF)
- #622 Entry Level Clerical (PDF)
- #633 Senior Level Clerical (PDF)
- #655 Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (PDF)
- 63404 New Librarian I (PDF)
- 63426 New Librarian II (PDF)
- 63430 New Librarian II (Children's Services) (PDF)
- 64866 Library Director I (PDF)
- 677 SUPERVISING PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE (PDF)
- Address Change Form (PDF)
- Application Fee Waiver Request and Certification Form (PDF)
- Application for Employment / Examination (PDF)
- Civil Service Examinations in Orange County (PDF)
- Cross-Filer Form (PDF)
- Directions to Test Sites (PDF)
- Military Make-Up Examination Entitlement (PDF)
- Performance Test Waiver (PDF)