County of Orange County-wide Shared Service Property Tax Savings Plan
The FY 2018 New York State Budget included a County-wide Shared Services Initiative (CWSSI) designed to generate property tax savings by facilitating collaboration between local governments. The CWSSI established a Shared Services Panel of the mayor of every city and village and supervisor of every town, within the county, chaired by the County Executive. The Panel is developing and will ultimately approve a County-wide Shared Service Property Tax Savings Plan with the goal of saving property taxpayers’ money by identifying collaborative opportunities for shared services between at least 2 municipalities. The County does not have to be a partner in the costs savings projects.
The FY 2019 Budget includes $225 million to fund the State’s one-time match of net savings from new shared services actions implemented and achieved among more than one municipality included in County property tax savings plans. The Budget also continues the county-wide shared services panels for another three years.
For more information regarding the Shared Services Initiative and to view the Shared Services Plans submitted visit the Shared Services section of the NYS Department of State website: https://www.ny.gov/programs/shared-services-initiative.
Upcoming Shared Services Panel Meetings:
Thursday, January 30th, 2020 2:00 p.m., Orange County Emergency Services Center, Classroom 1, 22 Wells Farm Road, Goshen
Shared Services Panel Process
- 2018 County of Orange Shared Services Plan - Final (PDF)
- List of Potential Shared Services for discussion purposes (PDF)
- 2018 Orange County Shared Services Plan Summary and Project Info (PDF)
- 2018 OC Shared Services Plan Tentative Timeline (PDF)
- 2018 Shared Services Panel (PDF)
- 2018 OC Shared Services Plan Project Proposal Form (PDF)
- 2018 Matching Grant Fund Application Process (PDF)
- May 17, 2018 Panel Meeting Summary (PDF)
- April 19, 2018 Panel Meeting Summary (PDF)