History of Hill-Hold: Visit Hill-Hold museum and see what life was like on a Hudson Valley farm in the 1830s. This was still the era of candlelight, fireplace heat, homegrown food, and homespun clothing. The stone farmhouse was built in 1769 by prosperous farmer, Thomas Bull- the namesake of the County's largest park. Hill-Hold and it's property were gifted to the County in 1968 by Eleanor Jackson and the house went through an extensive restoration in the 1970's to return it to how it appeared when it was originally built in the 18th century.
Days and Hours of Operation: 124 Route 416, Campbell Hall, NY * Phone: (845) 615-3830 Hours: Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm to 4pm (last tour at 3pm) June 3rd through August 27th.
Admissions: Adults – $5.00 Children – $3.00 School Groups – $ 4.00 per student Group tours (10 or more) are available by advance reservation only during normal hours of operation.