HR 218 Information
INSTRUCTIONS FOR L.E.O.S.A. HR 218 QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED TO QUALIFY:
- A paper copy of a valid New York State pistol permit
- A paper copy of a current "retired" Police/Peace Officer's identification card from your former department
- Safe and Functional Firearm
- Safe and Functional hard holster
- If for any reason the Firearms Instructor feels your holster is unsafe you will be provided with a suitable holster for your course of fire.
- Two magazines required ( three preferred )
- Reloading devices, magazines or speed loaders, and a belt mounted carrying pouch may be used.
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition per firearm (No reloads)
- Eye protection
- Prescription eyewear acceptable with over the glasses range goggles
- Hearing protection (extra batteries if needed)
- Hat or cap with brim
- Range pants or comparable with belt loops sturdy enough to hold a hard holster
- Shirts and outerwear that can be tucked into pants
- Range appropriate closed toed footwear (Boots preferred)
ARRIVAL: Arrive at the OCSO Tactical Facility/Range promptly at the session start time.
PARKING: When entering the range facility, park in the designated parking area to the left of the facility buildings.
ENTRY TO RANGE: Enter the range only when you are instructed to do so. Wait in or near your vehicle for a Firearms Instructor to escort you onto the range.
FIREARMS: All firearms are to be brought onto the range unloaded and in cases or range bag.
RESTROOMS: The range is equipped with a Port-O-John.
DIRECTIONS: For a map and directions to the Firearms Training Facility/Range see: Click for Range Location
I.D. CARDS WILL BE MAILED OUT TO YOU
Registration: Click to Register