Retired & Senior Volunteers Program (RSVP)
RSVP offers "one stop shopping" for people aged 55 or better who are looking for enjoyable and meaningful volunteer service opportunities. Active volunteering can improve your health, and ward off isolation and depression for both the volunteers and the people they serve.
What RSVP Volunteers Do
- Serve as home-delivered meal drivers, friendly visitors, food pantry workers, exercise instructors, museum guides, health insurance or income tax counselors, thrift shop and library assistants, and more!
- Choose how and where they want to serve.
- Learn new skills while utilizing the knowledge they developed over a lifetime.
- Give their time, talent and expertise and heart.
What RSVP Volunteers Gain
- Help in matching your interests and availability with local service agencies who are addressing critical community needs.
- Great sense of achievement.
- Opportunity to make new friends.
- Accident and liability volunteer insurance coverage.
- Optional mileage reimbursement for volunteers who drive as part of their service
- Recognition for years of service and special achievements
- Meaning Community Engagement