Retired & Senior Volunteers Program (RSVP)
AmeriCorps Seniors -- Retired & Senior Volunteers Program (RSVP)
AmeriCorps Seniors - RSVP offers "one stop shopping" for people aged 55 or better who are looking for enjoyable and meaningful volunteer service opportunities. Active volunteering can improve your health, create social connections and ward off isolation or depression for both the volunteers and the people they serve.
What RSVP Volunteers Do
- Serve as home-delivered meal drivers, friendly visitors, food pantry workers, exercise instructors, museum guides, health insurance or income tax counselors, thrift shop or library assistants, and more!
- Choose how and where they want to serve – great flexibility.
- Learn new skills while utilizing the knowledge they developed over a lifetime.
- Give their time, talent and expertise and heart.
- Have fun
What RSVP Volunteers Gain
- Help in matching your interests and availability with local service agencies who are addressing critical community needs.
- Great sense of achievement.
- Opportunity to make new friends.
- Accident and liability volunteer insurance coverage.
- Optional mileage reimbursement for volunteers who drive as part of their service
- Recognition for years of service and special achievements
- Meaningful Community Engagement
Special Volunteer Opportunity at OFA:
Caring volunteers are the backbone of the Senior Dining Program offered by Orange County Office for the Aging. The smiles and friendly greetings by the SDP volunteers are as nourishing as the meals they deliver. Volunteers of all ages are needed to provide nutritious meals to 10-12 seniors on a specific route, taking approximately one hour to complete.
Delivery is midday, once weekly, of a five-pack of entrees, with milk, bread and sides. Volunteering is based upon your individual schedule of availability. All that is necessary is your vehicle, valid driver's license, current auto insurance and a willingness to help your neighbors! All training and assistance will be provided. Volunteers can also assist with the coordination of recruitment and delivery schedules in designated areas.
Churches, synagogues, clubs, businesses, schools and other community organizations are encouraged to form a volunteer team to share the responsibility and joy of volunteer meal delivery. To ensure that seniors in your community receive a nutritious meal and a smile, please consider joining us - call 845-615-3728.