Economic & Housing Assistance
Local Banks Participating in the SBA/PPP Program - updated April 8, 2020
Below is a current summary of banks with a presence in Orange County who are participating in the SBA/Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
- Bank of America
Currently BoA is requiring that you have a Small Business lending and Small Business checking relationship with Bank of America as of 2.15.20 or a Small Business checking account opened no later than 2.15.20 and you do not have a business credit or borrowing relationship with another bank.
- Chase Bank
Currently Chase is only accepting applications from businesses with a Chase checking account since at least February 15, 2020.
- Citizens Bank
Currently only accepting applications from Citizens Bank business customers.
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Key Bank
- Lakeland Bank
Currently Lakeland is only working with applicants with business deposit accounts or loans with Lakeland Bank as of 2.15.20.
- M&T Bank
Currently working with existing M&T business customers only.
Currently working with existing MHVFCU business customers only.
- Orange Bank & Trust
OB&T will launch their PPP program for existing commercial customers on 4.7.20 at 4pm.
- Peoples United
- Rhinebeck Bank
Currently working with existing Rhinebeck Bank business checking customers only.
- Sterling National Bank
Currently working with existing SNB business customers only.
- TD Bank
Currently working with existing TD business customers only.
- Walden Savings Bank
Currently working with existing WSB business customers only.
- Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan
Currently Wallkill Valley Federal is only accepting applications from their existing business depositors or business borrowers.
- Wells Fargo
As of 4.7.20, due to exceptionally high volume, Wells is not accepting additional applications at this time.
- SBA website where you can search for all participating PPP lenders by zip code
Evictions and Foreclosures
Many families and businesses are concerned about whether they will be forced out of their home or business location during the COVID-19 crisis. This page describes some of the protections which have been put in place for families and businesses:
March 20, 2020: The Governor has announced a 90 day moratorium on any residential or commercial evictions. Governor Cuomo Signs the "New York State of PAUSE" Executive Order; Also Executive Order 202.8 signed by the Governor on 3/20/2020 which includes the above and also a 90 day prohibition on enforcing any residential or commercial foreclosure action. See the following link for all of Governor Cuomo’s Executive Orders: Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor
March 17, 2020: The Administrative Judge for the 9th Judicial District, which includes Orange County has also Ordered: No eviction orders shall be signed; no foreclosure auctions shall be held; and no default judgment shall be granted (that generally means if you fail to answer a lawsuit against you, a default judgment will not automatically be approved for the time being). Administrative Order - Ninth Judicial District (PDF)
March 18, 2020: President Trump has announced that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac backed mortgages are not subject to foreclosures for at least 60 days. This covers the vast majority of mortgages on single family homes. Freddie Mac - Our COVID-19 Response and Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19.
- All waiting periods for unemployment assistance are suspended, allowing unemployment benefits to begin immediately. To file for unemployment assistance: NYS Department of Labor - How to File a Claim for Unemployment Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Updated FAQs (PDF)
- The President announced that taxpayers will be given a 90-day delay to pay amounts owed on 2019 income taxes of up to $1 million, personally.
- Orange and Rockland and Central Hudson are not disconnecting utilities due to economic hardship. It is recommended to call them to advise them that you are experiencing a hardship.
- Late Fees and Service Questions Broken Down by Provider (PDF)
- Orange and Rockland: 877.434.4100
- Central Hudson: 845.452.2700
- NYSEG: 800.572.1111
Small Business Assistance
- Apply for Federal Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance at: U.S. Small Business Administration - Disaster Assistance
- Orange County Economic Development Office: For questions and assistance, Orange County Businesses may call Bill Fioravanti at 845.360.0231 or Email: Bill Fioravanti.
- Orange County Office of Employment & Training: For employment questions and assistance, individuals may call Steve Knob at 845.615.3629 or Email: Steve Knob. Orange County Employment & Training