Emergency Rental Assistance
Applications are not yet available for this program
What is the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program?
Orange County applied for and was issued funding from the US Treasury for an Emergency Rental Assistance Program that will help people unable to pay their rent or utilities due to theCOVID-19 pandemic.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible income qualified households are those were at least one person meets the following criteria:
- Is a renter in Orange County who, directly or indirectly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, has
- Qualified for unemployment benefits, or
- experienced a reduction in household income, or
- has incurred significant costs, or
- experienced other financial hardship;
- Can demonstrate a risk of homelessness or housing instability, which may include:
- a past due utility notice or
- a past due rent notice or
- an eviction notice
- Has a household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income
- Has unsafe or unhealthy living conditions
Priority will be given to households where
- at least one person has been unemployed for the 90 days prior to application and
- the household income is at or below 50% of the Area Median Income.
- Households receiving rental assistance provided under this program cannot receive funding under any other federally funded rental assistance program (e.g., Section 8, public housing).
Note: Additional Eligibility Guidelines may be established by the US Treasury and the NYS Office of Temporay Disability Assistance in regards to the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. These additional Eligibility Guidelines will be included as part of the application process.
How Can I Apply?
Applications for this program are currently not available.
Orange County will officially announce the opening of the application period once we are able to begin accepting applications.
Please see below for how to join our contact list.
How much rental assistance will the household receive?
The amount of rental assistance will be based on:
- Household income;
- rent & rental arrears;
- utility/energy costs & utility/energy arrears; and
- the amount of funding available.
How will the household obtain this financial assistance?
Rental arrears will be paid directly to the landlord.
Utility or energy arrears will be paid directly to the utility or energy company.
Can you contact me when applications are available?
Add your name to our contact list so we can notify you when applications for the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance Program Applications are available.
- Email: dfa5a33.sm.HousingStabilization@dfa.state.ny.us
- Please include:
- Your full name,
- Your address (including city, state and zip code)
- The best contact phone number and/or email address we can use to reach you.
- Please include:
- Call (845) 291-4000 and ask for housing stabilization.