The County Clerk's office offers full passport services including passport photos.
Routine, priority or expedited passport applications may be obtained and processed at the Orange County Clerk’s Passport Office. No evening hours will be available.
Recent U.S Department of State change: If you are eligible to renew by mail, you must renew by mail using the DS-82 form (PDF).
When applying for a passport, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of U.S Citizenship in one of three forms: a birth certificate with a raised seal, a filing date and the names of both parents (not a hospital certificate or a photocopy), original naturalization papers or an old U.S Passport issued in your name.
- Complete the appropriate application provided at this office written neatly in black ink only. Do not sign the form until in the presence of the clerk.
- Passport photos may be taken in this office or you may bring two identical passport photos, 2 inches by 2 inches with a white background and a full front view of head and shoulders.
- Driver’s License or other acceptable form of identification such as an old passport, military identification or government identification is acceptable. If none of these are available, bring at least three forms of your own current identification, and bring someone with you who has known you for a least two years. This witness must present a valid drivers license when executing an "Affidavit of Identifying Witness" for the person applying for a passport application.
- All minors must appear. Both parents must give consent and appear with applicants 15 years old and under. One parent must accompany applicants 16 or 17 years of age. For further details see the the state travel website
- Payment: Check or money order for $110 adult, $80 minor (under 16) is made payable to U.S Department of State
- An additional $25 (cash or check) application fee is made payable to Orange County Clerk.
Passports may take approximately six weeks. If you wish to rush your application, you may pay an extra expedite fee of $60. Price does not include urgent mailing or delivery service. This service must be arranged by the customer. Contact the Orange County Passport Office for information regarding how to expedite a passport.
Passport Books & Cards
You now have the option to apply for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or both. The Passport Card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. The Passport Card will provide a less expensive, smaller and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.
The fee for an adult Passport Card is $30, a minor’s Passport Card in $15 and the execution fee is $25. The execution fee is waived if you are applying for a Passport Book at the same time (you only pay the execution fee once).
Don’t forget passport photos can be taken at our business office for $10.
For more information, contact the passport office at 845-291-2698 or 845-291-2699.