Veteran's Discharge Papers

County Executive Steven Neuhaus filing his DD-214 with County Clerk Kelly Eskew

Veteran’s Discharge papers (DD-214) can be obtained from the Map department on the 1st floor of the County Clerk's Office. Any Veteran living in Orange County can file their Discharge Papers with the County at no charge as a courtesy to the dedicated men and women who served in our armed forces. The County Clerk’s office will provide at any time certified copies of the filed veteran’s DD-214 also at no charge. When requesting your certified copy please fill out the DD-214 Discharge Papers (PDF).

Very often veterans are required to submit DD-214 discharge papers (PDF) when they apply for certain benefits. By filing your papers with the County Clerk, you are assured that a permanent record exists, at your disposal, if the original is misplaced, destroyed or needed by you or your family. Your DD-214 can be filed at anytime after separation from the armed forces. Please feel free to contact the Map Department at 291-3284 or email with additional questions.


If your DD-214 has been destroyed or lost and not on file at the County Clerk’s Service you can contact the Orange County Veterans Office at 291-2470 for assistance on how to obtain a copy.