Veteran's Peddlers Permits

Veterans Peddlers Permits

Individuals who have been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a Veterans Peddler’s License. This permit is necessary for Veterans to peddle, vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise or solicit trade on the highways within Orange County. The permit does not supersede any restrictions, etc. placed by City, Town or Village Clerks  or the State of New York. One should inquire with these offices about their rules and regulations.

To apply, you must present a valid drivers license or photo identification, a local utility bill (as proof of Orange County residency), one passport size photo (2 inch by 2 inch) and a copy of your DD-214 Military Discharge papers (PDF). A license is issued free of charge and is valid as long as the individual maintains residency within the county. Photos can be taken in our office free of charge also.

More Information

For questions, concerns, and more information contact us at 845-291-3292.