Division of Fire Services
The Division of Fire Services is responsible for assuring the efficient deployment of firefighting resources and overall coordination of the county's fire departments through administration of the New York State Fire Training Program. Additionally, Fire Services provides county level training programs and administration of the County Fire Mutual Aid Plan. The Division of Fire Services also provides technical resources such as fire investigation, hazardous materials response and technical rescue response.
The Fire Services Division acts as a liaison with all emergency response agencies including those in adjacent counties, the executive and legislative branches of County Government along with the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control. Within the Division are the Orange County Fire Coordinators Office, Orange County Fire Training Center, Orange County Fire Investigation Unit, Orange County Hazardous Materials Team and the Orange County Technical Rescue Team.
Fire Division Documents
- 2019 Orange County Fire Mutual Aid Plan (PDF)
- 2019 Plan Updates
- Orange County Radio Field Guide
- Orange County Radio Project Update (PDF)
- Initial Report Status Check Template (PDF)
- Mayday - Urgent Policy (PDF)
- Testing Bid Prices and Vendor Contact Information (PDF)
- Volunteer Firefighter / Arson Sex Offender Background Check Procedures (PDF)
- Volunteer Firefighter Arson / Sex Offender Background Check Form (PDF)
- Box Alarm Template (XLSX)