Environmental Facilities & Services
The Citizens Drop-Off Area at Orange County Transfer Station #2, located at 9 Orr Avenue in Newburgh, will remain open for Orange County Residents to bring bagged garbage, single stream recycling, paper, white goods, tires, electronics, empty propane tanks, scrap metal, motor oil, car batteries and anti-freeze. The bulk and municipal/commercial waste receiving area of Transfer Station #2 is temporarily closed for site improvements and these customers should utilize Orange County Transfer Station #1 located at 21 Training Center Lane in New Hampton.
Transfer Station Holiday Hours
All Orange County Transfer Stations are following a regular schedule.
For a list of pricing, click on Solid Waste then Tipping Rates.
Effective January 1, 2020, all Orange County Transfer Stations will increase the following tipping rates:
- Solid Waste to $106.00 per ton (Accepted at Transfer Stations #1 and #3 ONLY)
- Commercial/Municipal Single Stream Recycling to $106.00 per ton (Accepted at Transfer Stations #1 and #3 ONLY)
- Commercial Cardboard to $40 per ton (Accepted at Transfer Stations #1 and #3 ONLY)
- Construction & Demolition Debris to $106.00 per ton (Accepted at Transfer Station #1 and #3 ONLY)
- Televisions to $20.00 per unit
Effective April 1, 2020, all Orange County Transfer Stations will increase the following tipping rates:
- Municipal Cardboard to $15 per ton (Accepted at Transfer Stations #1 and #3 ONLY)
Transfer Stations: #1 located in New Hampton, #2 located in Newburgh, #3 located in Port Jervis
Electronic Waste Recycling Accepted at All Orange County Transfer Stations as of January 24, 2020:
All Orange County Transfer Stations will be accepting electronic recycling.
Accepted items include: Televisions (both flat screens and CRTs), computers, monitors and other computer peripherals, small scale servers, printers, scanners, fax machines, stereos and stereo equipment, cables and power adapters, video game consoles, cable boxes, VCRs, DVRs, DVD players, digital media players, digital storage devices, laptops, tablets, e-readers, and smart phones & cell phones.
There is a charge of $20 per television, regardless of size or type. Other accepted electronic items will be free for Orange County Residents.
Items NOT accepted are: alkaline batteries, small appliances, vacuum cleaners, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, broken CRT glass, and light bulbs.