Orange County Sewer District Number 1
Harriman Waste Water Treatment Plant, located at 72 River Road, is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC until further notice
Whether you have a private sewage disposal system (septic tank) or you are connected to Orange County Municipal Sewer System, each has the same thing in common: they are designed to treat domestic waste only, human waste, and toilet paper.
This means NO paper towels, disposable wipes, antiseptic wipes, feminine products, petroleum products, paints, paint thinners, industrial cleaners, grease, pesticides, etc. are to be flushed down the toilet.
During the Covid19 State of emergency, as declared by the NY Governor and Orange County Executive, there is a high demand for toilet paper and if not available, paper towels, cleaning wipes, etc.
Despite this crisis it does NOT change the plumbing’s ability to handle non-conforming wastes. If you are using additional amounts of paper towels and disposable wipes that’s a very good thing to stop the spread. However, it is equally important to dispose of them properly, in the garbage.
On top of this crisis no one needs the additional headaches of a backed-up plumbing system.
Questions you may have in regard to Orange County Sewer District Number 1 in relation to the Coronavirus as of March 17, 2020:
Q. The Harriman Sewage Treatment Plant is now closed to the public. How can I pay my sewer bill?
A. Please mail your check or money order to: Orange County Sewer District #1, PO Box 956, Harriman NY 10926. Please write your account number, including all periods and dashes, on your form of payment.
Q. How can I submit applications and plans for review for sewer permits for Orange County Sewer District #1?
A. For all lateral sewer documents please email to email@example.com
For all main line sewer documents please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- EASEMENT RELEASE Version 2018.01 (PDF)
- Harriman STP Draft SPDES Permit Comments from County to DEC 02-15-2018 (PDF)
- Harriman STP Draft SPDES Permit from DEC 07-05-2017 (PDF)
- PERMANENT_EASEMENT Version 2018.01 (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Flow Monitoring Systems and Controls Basis of Design Final Report 01-26-18 (PDF)
- Sewer District Number 1 Construction Notes (PDF)
- Sewer General Guidelines, Construction Application and Permit Procedures, Standard Details, and Sanitary Sewer Specifications (PDF)
- Sewer Use Ordinance of 2008 (PDF)
- TP-584 Form (PDF)