Water & Stormwater
View the Orange County Water Master Plan (PDF).
A watershed plan is essentially an intermunicipal comprehensive plan that focuses on water resources. Watershed plans are intended to provide a management framework for restoring impaired water bodies as well as for safeguarding healthy water bodies. The rationale for watershed management is that if we properly manage activities on land, then we will be protecting water quality.
- Moodna Creek Watershed Conservation and Management Plan (PDF)
- Quassaick Creek Watershed Plan
- Wallkill Watershed Conservation and Management Plan (PDF)
- Moodna Creek Watershed Atlas, 2008 (PDF)
- Glenmere Lake Watershed Management Plan, 2012 (PDF)
The Phase II Stormwater Program of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) requires certain municipalities and other entities that operate Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) to prepare and implement a Stormwater Management Plan. Orange County is considered an MS4 area, subject to these regulations.
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2022 DRAFT for public comment until 5.19.22
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2021
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2020 [PDF]
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2019 [PDF]
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2018 (PDF)
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2017 (PDF)
- Orange County MS4 Annual Report 2016 (PDF)
- Orange County MS4 Regulated Areas Map (PDF)
- Orange County Stormwater Management Plan - Draft (PDF)
- Fight Leaks and Water Waste
- Fix a Leak Student Worksheet
- Student and Family Pledge
- Water Use Table
- Drip Drip Drip - student activity page
- Fix a Leak Week - family fact sheet
- Brochure. A Smart investment
- Brochure. Doing more with Less.
- Brochure. Flush Fact vs. Fiction
- Brochure. Saving Water Saves Energy
- Brochure.Simple Steps to Save Water
In a continual effort to improve the way Orange County handles stormwater, we encourage public involvement and comment on the documents provided. Please direct all comments to the Planning Department. View the Orange County Notice of Intent for Coverage Under SPDES GP-02-02 (PDF).