Interoperable Emergency Communications Board
- 2nd Thursday of January, April, July, and October
- Emergency Services Center
22 Wells Farm Road
Goshen, NY 10924
- Brendan R. Casey, Commissioner, Department of Emergency Services; Board Chair
- James R. Bodisch, Sergeant, New York State Police
- Frank Cassanite, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Emergency Medical Services
- Craig Cherry, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Police Liaison Services
- Kevin Hayes, Mobile Life Support Services
- Alan Mack, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Emergency Management
- Robert Reynolds, Chief, Montgomery Fire Department
- Vini Tankasali, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Fire Services
- Allen Wierzbicki, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Emergency Communications
All members of the Orange County Interoperable Emergency Communications Governance Board are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Legislature. View the Organizational Chart (PDF).
The Interoperable Emergency Communications Governance Board was created by Orange County Legislative Resolution Number 138 of 2010 and approved by the County Executive.
To improve public safety through enhanced communications interoperability (both voice and data) between local, county, state and federal agencies.
- Establish communications interoperability as a high priority
- Expand the countywide use of common language and to coordinate communications protocols
- Increase interoperable capabilities and coordination by maximizing the use of existing communications systems and equipment as well as planning for future technology purchases
- Enhance the knowledge and proper use of existing and future communications equipment by encouraging frequent and routine training for public safety personnel as funds become available