Police Advisory Board
- 2nd Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and November
- Emergency Services Center
22 Wells Farm Road
Goshen, NY 10924
- Brendan Casey, Commissioner, Department of Emergency Services; Board Chair
- Carl DuBois, Sheriff, Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Todd Hazard, Chief of Police, Town of Cornwall Police Department
- Kevin Hines, Orange County Legislature
- Jeffry Holmes, Chief of Police, Village of Walden Police Department
- Richard Mazzone, Captain, New York State Police
- William Worden, Chief of Police, City of Port Jervis Police Department
All members of the Orange County Police Advisory Board are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Legislature.
The mission of the Police Advisory Board is:
- To manage and furnish advice to the County Executive and County Legislature on the implementation of programs to improve police services in the County;
- To recommend program priorities to any county police planner-coordinator who may hereafter be appointed;
- To approve countywide police training standards;
- To furnish police guidance in the operation of any county narcotics enforcement/criminal intelligence task force and other joint countywide police operations which hereafter may be created or undertaken;
- To advise the County Executive and County Legislature on the timing and degree of centralization of police technical services at the county level;
- To act as the police advisory body to the County Executive and County Legislature, as well as to the governments of the several municipalities within the County.
The Police Advisory Board was officially created under the Orange County Charter.