- Departments Q - Z
- Real Property
The Real Property Tax Services Office maintains tax maps, ownership information and provides assessment and taxation information to the assessing community as well as to the general public. The goal of the Office of Real Property is to provide services for assessors and local government officials to achieve and maintain equitable assessments. Our professional goal is to create and preserve tax equity within and between all municipalities. The Orange County Office of Real Property, through its Director and staff, takes great pride in the services we provide to all of Orange County.
- This office is responsible for apportioning the County Tax rates, as well as processing all tax bills and correcting tax bill errors in accordance with Real Property Tax Law.
- The Real Property office also valuates and inspects all delinquent tax properties. In addition, this office advertises, educates and promotes the annual Deed Sale, which is conducted with the Commissioner of Finance.
- This agency manages all non-governmental support properties (i.e.: proposed reservoir rentals and land; airport, parks and other Orange County Government leases; airport hangar leases; housing rehabilitation; normal maintenance and repair and liability inspections on deed sale parcels.)
This is but a brief overview of the responsibilities of the Office of Real Property Tax Services.
- Who do I speak with to see if my taxes are current or to get amounts due on taxes that are late?
- Who should I speak with if I have a problem with my assessment?
- Where can I file a deed and what is the cost?
- Where do I review other assessments in my town?
- What tax sale information may I get from your office?
- How do I order a tax map?
- How can I get additional information using the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)?
- How do I change the address used for my tax bills?