The Orange County Youth Bureau’s mission is to promote positive youth development through county-wide integrated planning, funding, monitoring, coordinating and developing youth and family services programs for Orange County youth aged 0 to 21.
Please take a moment to listen to a variety of testimonials on the importance and value of the Youth Bureau in Orange County: The Value of the Youth Bureau
The Children and Family Services Plan (CFSP), required by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services Office of Youth Development, guides Youth Bureau resource allocations and program coordination and development priorities. Quantitative data from the New York State Council on Children and Families Touchstones Kids Count Data Book and qualitative data collected by convening community planning groups, identify problems and strengths along with coordinated strategies to address them. We promote private and public partnerships, bringing together towns, villages, cities, social and educational agencies and private citizens including youth.
We are responsible for coordination efforts for:
- High School and College Internships throughout Orange County Departments
- Partners for Children, Youth & Families
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA)
- Safe School Ambassadors
The Orange County Youth Bureau administers funding in the following categories:
- County Funding: County of Orange “Solutions”
- Federal Funding: New York State Department of Health Successfully Transitioning Youth to Adolescence (STYA)
- State Funding: New York State Office of Children and Family Services Runaway Homeless Youth Act (RHYA)
- State Funding: New York State Office of Children and Family Services Youth Development Program (YDP)
The Orange County Youth Bureau is a member of the Association of New York State Youth Bureaus and the Hudson Valley Youth Bureau Association, as we advocate for the adoption of strong legislation, regulations, policies and services that will promote healthy youth, families and communities in Orange County.
Information & Referral
You may contact the Youth Bureau at 845-615-3620 for a complete listing of funded programs.