- Departments H - P
- Mental Health
- Developmental Disabilities Services
Developmental Disabilities Services
WELCOME to the Developmental Disabilities Services Division of the Orange County Department of Mental Health. The Developmental Disabilities Services Division participates in planning, development and coordination of services to support people of all ages with developmental disabilities and their families. The division also provides advocacy, mediation, outreach, education and training for individuals with developmental disabilities, families, providers, educators, and the Orange County Community.
- The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) determines eligibility for services based on records review and an assessment process. OPWDD requires that all individuals and/or their guardians/caretakers attend a “front door” information session before receiving eligibility. It is beneficial to attend a session as soon as you are able.
- At a front door session, you will be given information about how to connect with a care manager through a CCO (Care Coordination Organization) to assist in navigating this large and complex system. For information about care management, please visit https://opwdd.ny.gov/care-management for general information. Your CCO will assist you with person centered planning and connecting with services based on your needs, interests, and goals.
- There are currently four CCOs that serve individuals who reside in Orange County, NY. To connect with a CCO, please contact them directly: CCOs that serve Orange County (PDF).
- For a list of current OPWDD grant funded, Orange County Family Support Services (some are available while waiting for eligibility or without eligibility). Please contact agencies directly for information regarding these services: Orange County Family Support Services Guide (PDF)