Working, Interning & Volunteering
View resources for working, interning, and volunteering:
- CareerZone - The place to explore careers related to your strengths, skills and talents.
- Department of Labor - Ages 14 to 17: Balancing school and work can be difficult. Attached you will find information that will make it easy for you to find out where to go for working papers, safety and health on the job, and filling out job applications and resumes while giving you the time to focus on your studies.
- Dream it, Plan it, Make it Happen! - Ages 18+: The time is now to take the next steps to build a successful future. Landing the job you want and enjoy takes preparation and planning. Check out the information and resources attached on this Department of Labor website to help you be a winner in the workplace and life!
- iCivics (formerly Our Courts) - Web-based education project designed to teach students civics and inspire them to be active participants in our democracy. Vision of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who is concerned that students are not getting the information and tools they need for civic participation.
- Internship Opportunities at the Orange County Youth Bureau (PDF) - Learn about the great experiences available through interning at the OC Youth Bureau!
- Job Corps (Ages 16 to 24) - free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age that qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.
- OCFS Youth Portfolio (PDF) - The NY State Office of Children and Family Services has a valuable resource on its website, the OCFS Youth Portfolio and the Facilitator’s Guide to the NYSOCFS Youth Portfolio. Young people need to start preparing for their work future today. The NYSOCFS is the perfect vehicle to get started. In addition to its practical use as a tool to find a job, the NYSOCFS Portfolio encourages young people to include work in their plans, “marry” education and employment, and think ahead-realistically.
- Office of Career and Internship Services (Suny Orange) - Assists students, alumni and community members with all phases of the career development process. The office is staffed by professionals who can guide the students through a maze of career information and make valuable resources available for the students' career discovery.
- Technical Assistance/Information Provision to High School and College Students by Orange County Office for the Aging (PDF) - The following is established to assist in the timely provision of technical assistance/information in response to high school and college students’ requests for help in completing a school-related assignment.