Working, Interning & Volunteering
View resources for working, interning, and volunteering:
- CareerZone - The place to explore careers related to your strengths, skills and talents.
- YouthRules! - The YouthRules! initiative promotes positive and safe work experiences for teens by providing information about protections for young workers to youth, parents, employers, and educators. Through the YouthRules! initiative, the U.S. Department of Labor and its partners promote positive and safe work experiences that help prepare young workers in the 21st-century workforce.
- Dream it, Plan it, Make it Happen! - Ages 18+: The time is now to take the next steps to build a successful future. Landing the job you want and enjoy takes preparation and planning. Check out the information and resources attached on this Department of Labor website to help you be a winner in the workplace and life!
- iCivics (formerly Our Courts) - Web-based education project designed to teach students civics and inspire them to be active participants in our democracy. Vision of Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, who is concerned that students are not getting the information and tools they need for civic participation.
- Job Corps (Ages 16 to 24) - free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age that qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.
- Office of Career and Internship Services (SUNY Orange) - Assists students, alumni and community members with all phases of the career development process. The office is staffed by professionals who can guide the students through a maze of career information and make valuable resources available for the students’ career discovery.
- Technical Assistance/Information Provision to High School and College Students by Orange County Office for the Aging (PDF) - The following is established to assist in the timely provision of technical assistance/information in response to high school and college students’ requests for help in completing a school-related assignment.