NYS Continuing Education Trainings & Materials
- September 20, 2019 - Trauma-Informed Creative Arts Therapy for Mental Health Professionals
- May 14, 2019 - “No Such Thing as a Bad Kid!”: Understanding and Responding to Kids with Emotional & Behavioral Challenges Using a Positive, Trauma-Informed, Strength-Based Approach
- May 10, 2019 - Understanding Behavior Through the Lens of Trauma Informed Care for Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- May 9, 2019 - Child Trafficking and Exploitation: Identification and Best Practices
- May 2, 2019 - Becoming a Competent Care Provider for Transgender and Gender Expansive Children and Youth in Complicated Times
- April 30, 2019 - Diversity and Inclusion in Social Work Practice: A Model from Deaf Mental Health
- April 26, 2019 - Using Resilience to Promote Mental Health
- April 23, 2019 - Exposure/Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for the Treatment of OCD
- April 9, 2019 - Cognitive Behavior Therapy for the Treatment of Panic Disorder
- March 11, 2019 - Orange County Children and Youth Services Provider Breakfast
- January 31,2019 - Addressing the Complexity of Needs of Older Adults:
Best Practices for Accessing Community Resources
- January 25, 2019- Lifestyle Changes and Brief Therapeutic Practices to Enhance Recovery
- November 14, 2018 - The Annual Jeanne E. Jonas Professional Development Symposium and Frank W. Masterson Memorial Banquet
- November 2, 2018 - The Troubled Triangle: The Developmental Neurobiology of Addiction, Attachment & Trauma
- October 19, 2018 - 8th Annual Trauma Conference - "Essential Client Skills for Common Problems in Therapy"
- October 15, 2018 - Addressing the Complexity of Needs of Older Adults: Best Practices for Accessing Community Resources
- September 27, 2018 - Drawing from an Adverse Childhood Perspective (ACE) , participants will understand how sexual abuse impacts the various facets of an individual’s functioning, including physical emotional, and behavioral, throughout the lifespan.
- September 25, 2018 - Behavioral Health Services with Diverse Populations: A Model from Deaf Mental Health
- August 1, 2018 - Vicarious Trauma: To Protect and Serve Those Who Protect
- June 28, 2018 - Working in the Vortex:Assessing and Engaging Families & Couples Impacted by Trauma
- May 10, 2018 - ADHD: Non-medication Treatment and Skills for Children and Teens
- April 24, 2018 - The Impact of Social Isolation and Loneliness in Later Life. - Misty Boldt, LMSW
- April 9, 2018- Narcissism, Shame, and Intimacy Disorders:
Effective Strategies for Dealing with the Sexually Self– Absorbed and Healing the Fractured Trust in Relationships. -Wendy Behary, LCSW, & Liz Lacy, LCSW
- March 23, 2018 - Understanding Behavior Through the Lens of
Trauma Informed Care for Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- March 16, 2018- Children Born Opiate Addicted: Opioid abuse and addiction has become an epidemic in the US and the number of babies suffering opiate-related addictions and symptoms of opiate withdrawal has tripled in the past decade.
- February 2, 2018 (Snowdate February 9, 2018)- EMDR: A Primer. Treatment for Trauma, Anxiety and Depression with Debbie Hutchinson LCSW-R, CASAC, Certified Therapist in EMDR
Continuing Education Trainings and training materials are for New York State Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists.