Board of Elections
The Board of Elections is charged with the responsibility of overseeing that all election related activities are executed in accordance with the New York State Election Law as interpreted by the Orange County Commissioners of Elections and the New York State Board of Elections.
The Board of Elections Office is open, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
General Election: November 7th, 2023
Polls Open - 6am to 9pm
The results posted are unofficial tallies posted on election night. These numbers include election day, early voting and any absentee ballots opened by the Board prior to 11/6/2023. The Board is diligently working to count all ballots cast in this election and we will not post an update to the website until certification. The Board will certify no later than 12/2/2023. Hand recounts cannot be announced or determined until the Board certifies this election.
2023 Important Deadlines for General Election - November 7
- Registering to vote for the first time: October 28
- Submit an address change: October 23
- Submit an absentee ballot application by mail: must be received by the board on or before October 23
- Submit an absentee ballot application in-person: November 6
- Return your voted absentee ballot by mail: Postmarked by November 7; BOE must receive your ballot by November 14th
- Return your voted absentee ballot in-person: November 7 by close of polls at 9pm
General Election 2023 Sample Ballots