Absentee Ballot Voting for General Election
Orange County voters who will be out of the County on General Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019 may request an Absentee Ballot Application by calling the Orange County Board of Elections at 845-360-6500 or 1-800-879-POLL, by email email@example.com or clicking the link, print and mail in or deliver in person - Absentee Ballot Application
The last day to postmark an application for a ballot is:
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Voters may also obtain a ballot in person at the Board of Elections office at 75 Webster Ave, Goshen. Between the hours of 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday thru Friday until November 4, 2019.
The Board of Elections will have extended hours for Absentee Balloting which will be announced later this year.
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
Applications for Absentee Ballots are available at your county board of elections.
- Absentee Application - Receiving Ballot Policy
- Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Application Form (en español) (PDF)
- My Absentee Ballot Status
- Military/Federal Absentee Form
Upon completion, applications must be mailed to your county board no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election
If you are permanently ill or disabled, you have the right to receive an Absentee Ballot for each subsequent election without further application. Simply file an application with your board of elections containing a statement which describes the particulars of your illness or disability. The Board will review the facts stated, and if satisfied, will mark your registration record. You will then automatically receive an absentee ballot for every election until your registration is canceled.