Goshen, N.Y. – The Orange County Division of Environmental Facilities and Services (EF&S) has launched a free customized mobile app to help make recycling and solid waste information more accessible to County residents.
‘Recycle Coach’ connects residents with their personalized collection schedule, shares local disposal information and supplies educational tools to help make it easier to recycle products. Users can access Recycle Coach from their desktop computers and mobile devices and the app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
“Recycle Coach will help users obtain accurate, up-to-date information about County recycling events and schedules,” Orange County Executive Steven M. Neuhaus said. “We have partnered with Orange County’s municipalities on this initiative and are working together to boost participation and improve recycling rates in the County.”
Residents that utilize Recycle Coach can:
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Help reduce the amount of contamination in the curbside recycling stream by learning how to make mindful and informed recycling decisions
- The comprehensive “What Goes Where?” search tool includes local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Users can take the weekly “We Want to Know” quiz for useful recycling tips
“Recycle Coach empowers residents to make smarter disposal decisions and take an active approach to reduce household waste,” said Robert J. Gray, Deputy Commissioner of the Orange County DPW, EF&S. “This should translate into higher recycling rates and less contamination in our recycling stream, which is a win-win for everyone.”
For more information about Recycle Coach, contact the County’s Recycling Coordinator, Ermin Siljkovic, at 291-3246 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.orangecountygov.com/425/Environmental-Facilities-Services.