October 19, 2021 or
November 10, 2021
8:30 am—5:30 pm
at the Emergency Services Center, 22 Wells Farm Road, Goshen
At this workshop you will learn:
- The impact of various mental illnesses on our youth in the U.S. and the prevalence of youth with mental illness.
- The potential warning signs and risk factors that may impact youth ages 12-18 yrs. old.
- The risk and protective factors that can impact a youth’s mental health and resiliency.
- A five–step action plan that encompasses the skills, knowledge and resources needed to assess and help a youth in crisis connect to professional care.
- Resources available to youth and their families.
Mental Health First Aid has been rigorously evaluated and is proven to
reduce stigma connected to mental illnesses. This program can reduce
the damaging effects of mental and emotional disorders such as job loss,
school dropouts, relationship issues, and drug and alcohol problems.
(This is a certification course that requires full attendance)
Please register by October 8th (seating limited to 20 people)
Register online: www.bookeo.com/orangecountymentalhealth click
on “special events” to choose this training.